Last Updated: March 15, 2022
Ivystone Group, LLC ("Ivystone") values your trust and understands that you may be concerned about how your personal information may be used and shared. This statement describes our privacy practices and how we collect and use information. By visiting Ivystone Group, or any other website operated and managed by Ivystone (collectively, this "Site"), you are accepting the practices described in this notice.
- What Personal Information Does Ivystone Group Collect?
- What Are Cookies?
- Emails, Newsletters and Other Electronic Communications
- How Do We Share Information with Third Parties?
- How Does Ivystone Use Your Personal Information?
- How is Information Protected by Ivystone?
- Third Party Advertisers and Links
- Site Terms and Conditions of Use
- California Residents
- Your Comments
Your Consent and other legal basis for using your Personal Information
We also collect, use and disclose your Personal Information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
What Personal Information Does Ivystone Group collect?
- Information You Provide
We receive and collect information that you submit on this Site or provide us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as to provide you with a more personalized experience, to respond to your requests, and to communicate with you regarding products, services and promotions.
- Automatic Information
We automatically receive and store certain information whenever you visit this Site. For example, like many web sites, we use "cookies" (described below) and obtain certain information whenever your Web browser accesses this Site. This information includes the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your browser software and operating system, your web server, the date and time you access our site, session information (such as download errors and page response times), information about your viewing, search and purchase history and information about the referring URL and the URL clickstream to, through, and from this Site. We use this information to monitor the usage and performance of this Site, to enhance your experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet Service Provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. An “IP address” is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. It is used to identify your computer’s “location” in cyberspace, so that the information you request can be delivered to you. If you use a dial-up connection or a connection that assigns dynamic IP addresses, your computer will be assigned a new IP Address each time you connect to the Internet. If, however, your computer is permanently connected to the Internet using a static IP address, the IP address assigned to your computer will generally be the same each time you use your computer. Although it does not identify you by name, we treat your IP address as your Personal Information.
- You should be aware that when you respond to an electronic communication you receive from us, for example, by opening an email, downloading images or clicking on a link in an electronic newsletter, your browser tells us that you (or someone using your email address) have done so. We use this information to improve our marketing efforts. In addition, we review our server logs – which contain visitors’ IP addresses – for security and fraud prevention purposes. If criminal activity is suspected, we may share our server logs and the Personal Information we have collected through this Site with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
- Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to your account information. We may receive information from Ivystone Affiliates and/or other vendors and add it to your account.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies and Similar Technologies. A cookie is a small file sent by a Web site or digital app and stored on a user’s computer which enables the Web site or digital app to remember information about you and your preferences. We use "cookies" and other Web technologies in a number of ways. For example, we may use these technologies:
- to collect information about the ways visitors use our Sites – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- to support the features and functionality of our Sites – for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits to our Sites;
- to personalize your experience when you use our Sites;
- to enable third parties (e.g. social media sites) to prepare online 'audiences' of its users who are either existing Ivystone customers or who share characteristics with Ivystone customers, subject always to that third party respecting your privacy settings;
- to 'recognize' you as someone who has visited a Ivystone website before or interacted with Ivystone online, so we may serve you with relevant ads as you browse elsewhere online, including third party websites; and
- to measure the success of our web or email advertising. For example, if you interact with an ad served by a third party on our behalf, we may receive non-identifying information, such as demographic information or general information about your interests.
The cookies we use can be classified into two categories:
- “Session cookies” which are allocated to your computer for the duration of your visit of our Sites and which will be automatically removed from your computer when you close your browser.
- “Persistent cookies” which expire after a reasonable period of time or until the user deletes the cookie.
Some of these uses may involve the use of “third party cookies”; that is, cookies that are set by software used by third parties, such as to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the site, or for the purposes of serving internet advertisements using an online advertising supplier. Third party cookies may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites following your visit to our Sites.
Generally, the information collected using these Web technologies does not identify you by name. If, however, you have created a user identity, for example, by signing up to use a password-protected area on one of our Sites, we may link the information we collect using Web technologies to other information that identifies you personally.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, in addition to controlling your use via any choice mechanism offered by Ivystone (e.g. via a consent management platform), you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave a Site. For more information on how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.aboutcookies.org. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit our Sites, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our Sites.
Emails, Newsletters and Other Electronic Communications
We regularly send emails, newsletters and other electronic communications to our customers and other users. If you do not wish to receive emails, newsletters, or other electronic communications from us, you may opt out of receiving these communications. Please see Choice/Opt-Out below.
How Do We Share Information With Third Parties?
We protect all of your information against unauthorized access or release. We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Affiliated Businesses, Vendors and Partners: We may share information with affiliated businesses, such as Ivystone Affiliates and our vendors and/or partners from whom, or with whose assistance, you purchase products or otherwise interact. This allows them to better serve you. For example, we provide information to a vendor whose products you order so that they are able to fulfill your order and email you an order confirmation and/or shipment details.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We engage other companies or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as order fulfillment, credit card payment processing, delivery services, postal mail and email, marketing assistance, and customer service. We may provide such service providers with access to personal information as needed to perform these functions.
- Offers and Promotions: We may send offers to you and/or selected groups on behalf of affiliated businesses, such as our vendors or sales representative partners.
- Market Research: We may aggregate website visitor information for market research purposes. For example, we may use this information to identify the fastest-selling products in the Southwest. We may share the results of this analysis with our partners, however, your personally identifiable information will not be revealed, other than as described in this policy.
- Business Transfers: As our business develops, we may buy or sell business divisions or subsidiaries. In connection with any such transaction, typically, Customer information is one of the transferred assets, however, it remains subject to any pre-existing Privacy Notice. In the event that all, or substantially all of, Ivystone's assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the acquired assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set forth above, you will receive notice when your personal information may be provided to third parties, and you will have the opportunity not to share the information.
How Does Ivystone Use Your Personal Information?
Generally we use the Personal Information we collect through our Sites
- to provide the products, information and services you request;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Sites;
- to display personalized advertising when you visit our Sites or a third party website;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Sites;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our Sites;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice or other agreement between Ivystone and you.
How is Information Protected by Ivystone?
We protect your information by using Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information that you submit via the Site. For example, when our registration/order form prompts you to enter sensitive information (such as address or credit card number), that information is encrypted by the SSL software.
Although we take commercially reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. For this reason, we urge users to take every precaution to protect their Personal Information while using the Internet.
Password Protection. Certain areas of our Sites are password protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing one of our Sites using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing our Sites using a password assigned to you, even if the individual is not, in fact authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised or used without authorization, you must promptly change it using the functionality provided on the Site.
Ivystone does not market or provide products or provide services to children. This Site is for adult use only. If you are under 18 years of age, you may not use this Site.
Newsletter subscribers whom no longer want to receive our newsletters or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in our e-mail communications.
If you have created an account on our Site, you may be able to access and update some or all of your Personal Information on your account settings or profile page. In some cases, however, you may need our help. If you need assistance accessing, updating or correcting your Personal Information, please contact us. We will respond to you within a reasonable time and within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identify.
Site Terms and Conditions of Use
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your information. We have included this California-specific information below.
Consistent with the "What Personal Information Do We Collect Through Our Sites?" section above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered "Personal Information" in California. As detailed above, we may collect this Personal Information from you and other third parties. We collect, share and disclose Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the "How Does Ivystone Use Your Personal Information?" and "To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Information?" section above.
We do not knowingly share the Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age, in a manner that constitutes a "sale" under California law.
- Do Not Sell My Information. If we sell your Personal Information to a third party, you have the right to request that your Personal Information is not included in the sale of any data. This is referred to as the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. To opt-out of the "sale" of your Personal Information as described in this section, click here.
- Exercising other California consumer rights. Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your Personal Information, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing, products or services, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products or services, based solely upon this request. Please see the "Contact us" section below if you have questions or click here or call us toll free at 1-800-327-9036 to exercise such rights.
If you are a California consumer and you wish to exercise your rights as outlined in this section, you may need to provide information such as name and e-mail so that we can verify your identity. We will use the information you provide when exercising your rights for no other purpose other than to verify your identity.
You also have the option of designating an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. For authorized agents submitting requests on behalf of California residents, please contact Ivystone as described below, with any evidence you have that you have been authorized by a California consumer to submit a request on their behalf.
We welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, feel free to send us an e-mail at email@example.com or write us:
Ivystone Group, LLC
301 Commerce Drive
Exton, PA 19341